Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Brother's Rant on Champions League

Not to be bitter about our latest string of results but here is some food for thought. I am not really sure I want Spurs to be in the Champions League if it means I have to listen to that damned Champions League song when I watch them. What an asinine song! This must be a European thing but they don't even play their national anthems before games...they just play that stupid song that is some boys' choir repeating the word "champions." I don't particularly reach for a Heineken when I need my thirst quenched but when I was in France on business, I actually found it to taste better than the import we get over here. No mas! I am going to boycott Heineken until that get that f'ing song off their commercials. Hmmm, now that I think about it, that Heineken commercial with the walk-in closet full of beer was actually pretty good but I don't think I am going to drink Heineken anyway...unless it is the only beer available wherever I go. As I watch Sky Sports News I see that Everton's Fellaini just got the same ankle injury that Robin Van Persie has...I wonder if Fellaini is going to rub horse placenta on his ankle!

One more Spurs thought...Ledley King needs to be put down and Sebastian Bassong needs to come back. One more thought...I do think Arry's current tax problems are affecting his coaching decisions. Discuss...

-Royal Polk Gordon IV

4 comments:

  1. i would put up with richard simmons dancing in a thong if it meant champions league qualification for spurs. i do agree that the song has been playing for a solid decade without any changes though. i remember when it used to be amstel light in that commercial. i think this team misses lennon like caddyshack 2 misses rodney dangerfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. final standings
    1. Chelsea
    2. ManU
    3. Arsenal
    4. Man City
    5. Liverpool
    6. Aston Villa
    7. Fulham
    8. Everton
    9. Tottenham
    10. Birmingham
    11. Stoke City
    12. Sunderland
    13. Blackburn
    14. Bolton
    15. West Ham
    16. Wigan
    17. Burnley
    18. Wolves
    19. Hull City
    20. Portsmouth

    Hope you guys are prepared to handle that

    ReplyDelete
  3. how in the world is fulham going to take seventh over everton or tottenham? tottenham is going to take 6th. mark my words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see spurs taking 8 pts in their last 12 games...sinking ship. Fulham grabs 23 from the final 12 and wins the double...

    ReplyDelete