Thursday, February 18, 2010

Negrodamus



I shit you not, this was Bobby Zamora's girlfriend. The blog has needed a babe on it for a while. This is really overdue.


A certain reader of the blog has recently come out with some outlandish statements concerning the end of the season Premiership table. His comments have forced me to make some predictions of my own: Tottenham will take home sixth and lose in the FA Cup final to Manchester City. You may ask why I don't have us finishing any better or taking home the Cup. Let me explain...I would love to predict us finishing in the top 4 and bringing another trophy back to White Hart Lane more than anything. I would also like to make sweet, sweet love to Miley Cyrus, but I have to be prudent. She's seventeen until November so I must bide my time. This same theory applies to Tottenham. I must wait until Harry has had at least one more summer transfer market to make the necessary moves for this team to crack the top 4. We just aren't ready yet. The push this season has been exciting and brought me more joy than I can remember, but it just isn't going to happen. Liverpool and Manchester City will finish above us. Man City will be the ones to claim the final Champions League spot with Liverpool finally dropping out. This could be the beginning of the end for Liverpool. Without the Champs League money, Gillette/Hicks will be in an awful position financially and I find it hard to believe they won't be forced into selling a few of their best assets. After watching our two games against Aston Villa, we are easily the better squad. The results didn't show that, but it's true. They will take seventh with Everton and Fulham behind.

My cousin predicts Everton and Fulham to climb ahead of Tottenham. Let me counter that almost insane prophecy. Both clubs are in the Europa League. What does that mean? It means a lot of traveling to far away places and playing more matches with squads getting thinner and thinner. Everton just lost Fellaini and will soon lose Donovan. Both players have been instrumental in their recent success. Everton is better prepared to handle injuries than Fulham. Fulham is still alive in the FA Cup as well. You know you are in a bad spot when you are hoping Danny Murphy stays healthy. How in the hell are they doing so well with him pulling the strings in midfield? Is Fulham where former Spurs flops go to revive their career. Zamora, Murphy, Davies, Kelly???? Shit, even Konchesky suited up for us for a brief time. I digress...Both clubs are too far down the table and both have European matches hanging over their heads. They don't have the squads to make the huge push it would take.

So here it is, my top 10 at the end of the season. It looks almost identical to how the table looks now:

Chelski
Manure
ARSEnal
Money Bags Man City
GoodbyeTrophiesAndChampionsLeaguePool
Tottenham
Aston Villians
Donovanton
Tottenham's Second Squad
Just Plain Boring as Shit Birmingham

3 comments:

  1. God Damn GOAT! Ease up on the Fulham, Zamora had a ROCKET today in the euro league. I'd like to see Defoe score something like that from more than 5 yards out.
    BOO YAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, based on your criteria for picking a favorite team, shouldnt your primary club of interest be the Baltimore Blaze of the WPS? After all, you never played for Beach FC Hotspurs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Oh how wrong you are Wellington. I played for beach fc hotspur the age group above until I was twelve when I went back to my normal age group and suited up for the blaze. Rip did the same thing moving from the hotspur to the blaze. Get your family history straight

    ReplyDelete