Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tottenham Going Forward


Huddlestone kind of looked like fat Ronaldo last season. What an amazing gut! Un-fucking-believable. All I had to do was search "fat Tom Huddlestone."

Earlier in the season I wrote about moving Bale into the left midfield when Assou-Ekotto came back from injury. I can't tell you how much it pleased me to see Harry do just that in the Fulham game. I understand we were fortunate to pull out a scoreless draw and didn't create many chances, but I feel this is something that can work. You can't pin the lack of offense on Bale. Even Harry went so far as to praise his efforts and commented that he could become one of the premier left-sided talents in the world. Give this another go and let Bale get accustomed to the position, Harry.

So where exactly can we improve? I just don't think Tom Huddlestone (yet) or Jenas can take this team to the next level. T-Hudd has come a long way over this season. I have seen him work harder and his passing is top-class. He has a cannon for a right foot, but he is just too slow still. If only we could give him Jenas's athleticism, then he would be the player we could revolve around. Jenas has a knack for playing uninspired and the fans obviously feel he hasn't put in the effort to reach his full potential. How else can you explain him not having a song despite his long service to the club and heroic moments against Arsenal? You need a player that is totally committed to giving his all. I will always remember that goal against Arsenal in the Carling Cup semifinal second leg two seasons ago. If it was up to me, I would have given you 3 songs in memory of that epic run and finish at the far post, Jenas. Overall though, I like Harry's selection of T-Hudd. Just make his ass run off 8 lbs. before next season. That has to help his quickness, right?

I would like to see Modric or Kranjcar play more in the center role before ruling them out. Modric is so crafty, but also so lightweight. Niko appears to have the T-Hudd syndrome of big feet. He did play the role well at Portsmouth, but again, it doesn't prove he can take us to the next level. Shit, Jamie O'Hara is doing a commendable job over there right now. The team isn't nearly on the same level as it was when Kranjcar played, but you get my point. As for Palacios, everyone knows where I stand. Never leave Wilson, never leave. Your effort alone is capable of taking this club anywhere. Let me see more of Modric or Kranjcar in the center mid spot while T-Hudd and Jenas recover. Here is the formation I want to see in the upcoming matches:

Gomes

Corluka--Dawson--Bassong--BAE

Modric--Palacios--Kranjcar--Bale

Pav--Defoe

Palacios would play deeper in center midfield allowing Kranjcar to venture farther forward.

Just a quick story from the Fulham game: Dawson tries to lead the team out of the tunnel onto the pitch to warm up. Most likely Gomes holds the rest of the team back and Daws ends up running out by himself not realizing everyone else hasn't gone. He runs over to the supporters a good 50 yards trying to pump them up, then turns to celebrate with the squad, only to find them doubled over in the tunnel laughing. Not bad at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment